“Sharpdesk Mobile” is a powerful, cutting edge mobile scanning and printing application that connects supported Sharp MFPs via a wireless LAN with the suite of popular mobile devices such as iPhone, iPad, AndroidTM, (Windows® 8, 8.1, 10, or Windows® RT 8.1)* devices.
*Version 2.2 for Windows is for Windows 8.1, RT 8.1 and 10 only.
1. Overview of the Application
Connect to a Wi-Fi network, select a document, preview and print directly to a supported Sharp MFP from your mobile devices.
Scan hard-copy documents to PDF, JPEG or TIFF file for easy access by simply scanning from a Sharp MFP to your mobile devices. Your mobile device’s profile can be stored as a “scan-to” location on the MFP for easy access.
Seamless Collaboration with Other Applications
Sharpdesk Mobile allows seamless file sharing with other applications. Users can attach scanned files to email, share documents with other applications mobile devices or print files from other applications.
2. System Overview
- Conveniently print e-mails* and web pages*, as well as PDF, JPEG, PNG*, TIFF, DOCX**, XLSX** and PPTX** files from your mobile devices to a supported Sharp MFP
- Print files from other applications on your mobile devices
** Supported on limited Sharp MFP. For details, see Supported Sharp MFPs below.
Note: Newly supported on V2.0. Printing e-mails and web pages requires PS3 Expansion Kit.
Scan & Share
- Scan and save files from a supported MFP to your mobile devices
- Scan operation using Sharpdesk Mobile user interface*
- Quickly email scanned files from your mobile devices
- Share scanned files with other applications on your mobile devices
* Newly supported on V2.0. Requires firmware upgrade.
- Available at no cost on the Apple App Store, Google PlayTM or the Windows® Store
- Automatically discover and connect to a supported Sharp MFP
- Manually add a supported Sharp MFP
- No driver installations
Android Windows 8 / Windows RT
Supported Sharp MFPs
- MX-C250F* MX-C300W*, MX-C301W
* These models always print only 1 copy (Print Quantity is not supported).
Additional Required Options
*1 MX-PB14/Printer Expansion Kit is required to print.
*2 MX-PB11/Printer Expansion Kit is required to print.
*3 MX-PB13/Printer Expansion Kit is required to print.
*4 MX-PB15/Printer Expansion Kit is required to print.
*5 MX-PKX1/PostScript® 3 Expansion Kit is required to print PDF files.
*6 MX-PKX5/PostScript® 3 Expansion Kit is required to print PDF files.
*7 MX-PK11/PostScript® 3 Expansion Kit is required to print PDF files.
*8 MX-NSX1/Network Scanner Expansion Kit is required to scan.
*9 MX-HD10/Hard Disk Expansion Kit is required to install MX-PB14 and MX-PK11 into MX-2010U.
*10 MX-HD12/Hard Disk Expansion Kit is required to print encrypted PDF files.
*11 MX-EB16/Productivity Kit is required to print encrypted PDF files.
*12 AR-NB7/Network expansion required.
*13 MX-PK10/PS expansion Kit required to print.
*14 MX-PK13/PostScript® 3 Expansion Kit is required to print PDF files.
*15 MX-PU10/Direct Print Expansion Kit is required to print PDF files.
*16 Supports scanning to and printing DOCX, XLSX and PPTX files.
Supported File Formats
- PDF (including high compression PDF and encrypted PDF)
* Newly supported on V2.0 or later.
** Newly supported on V.2.2 or later. Scan to and print these formats supported on limited models.
Supported Mobile Devices
- Devices running iOS 7 through 9.
- Android based mobile devices running Android 4.1 through 5.1 (Recommended screen resolution: 800x480 pixels and higher).
- Mobile devices running the following OSes.
V1.2.3: Windows® 8, 8.1 (including Pro and Enterprise), Windows® RT and Windows® RT 8.1
V2.2: Windows® 8.1 (including Pro and Enterprise), Windows® RT 8.1 and Windows 10 (including Home, Pro and Enterprise)
(Minimum System Requirements: 1GHz Processor, 1GB RAM, 20MB free HDD space and 1024x768 pixels screen resolution with DirectX® 9 graphics capability. Recommended screen resolution: 1366x768 pixels. Touch screen is recommended)
*: Bonjour must be enabled to auto-discover supported MFPs
For further information and inquiries about this application, contact us through this link.
Download operation manuals sharpdesk_mobile_v21_manual_ipad_iPhone_en.pdf.
App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Apple, iPhone, iPad and Bonjour are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered
in the U.S. and other countries. IOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under
license by Apple Inc. Android, Android logo, Google, Google logo, Google Play and Google Play logo are trademarks or registered
trademarks of Google Inc. Microsoft, Windows and DirectX are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States
and other countries. Sharpdesk is a trademark or registered trademark of Sharp Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.